- 1 1/2 cup peeled and diced potato
- ½ cup butter
- 1/2 small diced onion
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup peas
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg beaten together with 1 tablespoon water to make an egg wash
7. Fit 1 pie crust into the bottom of a pie plate and pour filling into pie shell.
8. Place second pie crust on top and trim excess. Crimp edge using your fingers or a fork. (Or in my case, as I only had one pie crust and a can of biscuits – flatten biscuits and lay on top).
9. Brush egg white on top of the pot pie and use a knife to cut 4 slits to let steam escape.
10. Place on a baking sheet and place in oven, bake for approximately 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Serve with a veggie side and you have a family favorite! Shelby loves it every time I make this (no matter the variation!) I have made it crust-less, muffin style, puff pastry turn-over style, over toast … really you can do about anything with a good chicken pot pie filling!
What meal do you make that your kiddos go crazy for?